Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Greymouse

Administrator

Spielsysteme: Πάντα ῥεῖ

Clubforum: Spielen in den Bergen

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 2. August 2014, 21:54

In this case the rules are pretty clear - it's more a problem of the layout of the paragraph that makes it easy to overlook it :)
And if you consider that the book is a "one man show" from Lorenzo who does the writing, the setting and layout and the preprintprocessing all on his own I think he is doing a great job :dance4:
Mit meiner brandneuen ergonomischen Gamingtastatur geschrieben. Kryptische Wortschöpfungen sind tastatur-, geschicklichkeits- und koordinationsbedingt und nicht als Zeichen geistigen Verfalls zu werten!

Graue Maus A.D. - Jetzt im Dienst Karthagos nördlich der italischen Alpenpässe.

Axebreaker

Registrierter Benutzer

Spielsysteme: BP, Impetus, Fire & Fury, BGK, FOW, Maurice, BA, SAGA, BG,Operation Squad,M&T,Dux B., Sharpe's Practice

Clubforum: Spielen im Süden

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 2. August 2014, 22:48

Zitat

In this case the rules are pretty clear - it's more a problem of the layout of the paragraph that makes it easy to overlook it
No, only if you make assumption's. Without the benefit of Lorenzo's personal input arguments could easily be made. Point of fact it needs to be written more concisely.

Zitat

nd if you consider that the book is a "one man show" from Lorenzo who
does the writing, the setting and layout and the preprintprocessing all
on his own I think he is doing a great job
Of course I sympathize with the workload and fully support his efforts not to mention I'm obviously a fan and am impressed with his game. We are all on the same team here and need to offer good constructive criticism to help the rules grow and saying things are fine when they are not isn't very helpful IMHO. There are now plenty of dedicated gamers that can help Lorenzo go over things so he does not have to go it all alone on the next edition. Jim for example I think would be an excellent proof reader and I would not be surprised if he was already in discussion with Lorenzo to help out.

Christopher

Samstag, 2. August 2014, 23:07

Pursuit Bewegung gibt es : S. 39, 7.6.4

(HC, Chariots) ... that win a melee MUST immideatly pursue the enemy by the number of U rolled on a d6 if the latter is RETREATING OR has been DESTROYED.
(...)
Danke! Ich wußte ja dass da was ist und habs immer überlesen!
Weniger labern, mehr spielen ...

Duke Wellington nachmittags bei Waterloo
"Das Metagame kann mich kreuzweise ..."

Marktplatz

Greymouse

Administrator

Spielsysteme: Πάντα ῥεῖ

Clubforum: Spielen in den Bergen

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 3. August 2014, 08:43

Point of fact it needs to be written more concisely.

I'm totally with you. Of course constructive criticism is important and as yo are a native English speaker I'm sure you can give a lot of valuable input. Jim is busily helping with proofreading afaik but maybe you'd be able to help out a bit as well if your time allows?
Mit meiner brandneuen ergonomischen Gamingtastatur geschrieben. Kryptische Wortschöpfungen sind tastatur-, geschicklichkeits- und koordinationsbedingt und nicht als Zeichen geistigen Verfalls zu werten!

Graue Maus A.D. - Jetzt im Dienst Karthagos nördlich der italischen Alpenpässe.

Axebreaker

Registrierter Benutzer

Spielsysteme: BP, Impetus, Fire & Fury, BGK, FOW, Maurice, BA, SAGA, BG,Operation Squad,M&T,Dux B., Sharpe's Practice

Clubforum: Spielen im Süden

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 3. August 2014, 15:24

Zitat

I'm totally with you. Of course constructive criticism is important and
as yo are a native English speaker I'm sure you can give a lot of
valuable input. Jim is busily helping with proofreading afaik but maybe
you'd be able to help out a bit as well if your time allows?
I would be more then happy to, but native speaker notwithstanding grammar was never my best suit so someone else would be better stepping into the breach on that..... :blush2: that said, I can look at sentences from a wargamers angle and help remove grey areas. While no rule set is ever fault free I think the no version will be more clear with all the help as there are quite a few dedicated players on the Impetus forum. :)

Christopher